FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 11/04/2020
Veterans Integration Centers Celebrates 15th Anniversary
Virtually on Veteran’s Day, November 11
Veterans Integration Centers (VIC®), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 2005, has been serving the many needs of homeless and home-insecure Veteran Families throughout New Mexico for over 15 years, helping thousands of those who served our Nation with safe housing and a variety of services.
Instead of their long-planned 15th Anniversary fundraising Gala, the VIC is going virtual with a one-hour celebration that includes music, hosts CEO Bobby Ehrig and Board member Gary Peterson, patriotic music, special guests, and multiple giving options with GREAT prizes.
Presented by Verus Research, the event will go ‘live’ on Veterans Day, November 11th at 6 p.m., with guests throughout the country logging in to be part of the celebration.
Special guests will include the Veteran who created the Veterans Integration Centers, John M. Garcia, also the first Cabinet Secretary for the New Mexico Department of Veterans Services created under Governor Bill Richardson. The Lieutenant Governor of New Mexico, Howie Morales, will present a Proclamation from Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham. VIC Board Chair Henry “Hank” Andrews, will also make a virtual appearance.
A Silent Auction featuring dozens of wonderful items is now open for online bidding, with new items being added daily that include:
- A custom-made Baitcaster fishing rod with patriotic theme from Gamboa Custom Fishing in Roswell
- Arbonne International “Age Well” complete skin care regimen from Consultant Teresa Maurmann
- Two sets of men’s grooming products from Steel Blade Men’s Salon
- A number of themed gift baskets, including “Downton Abbey”, “Family Holiday Fun”, “I Love Rock ‘n Roll” with donations from KDSK-FM, and many more
- A fun dinner date with a handsome VIC employee (Combat Veteran)
- A UNM basketball signed by Head Coach Paul Weir
- Autographed MMA fighter posters and a signed t-shirt by owners of Jackson-Wink MMA gym
And many more!
A “Fund-to-Need” fast-paced donation builder will be part of the event. With the VIC caring for Veterans 24/7, the urgent need to protect employees and Veterans alike through the pandemic put a significant financial burden of the organization. Recent surges in cases continues to raise the urgency of continued funding exclusively dedicated to providing new dollars for this major cost.
The grand event for the evening will be a Live Auction featuring some great prizes:
- A two-night stay at El Monte Sagrado Luxury Resort and Spa, Taos, New Mexico. Stay at one of the exquisitely designed accommodations that embodies the culture, spirit, and traditions of New Mexico. Package includes a $200 gift card for meals, spa visits, or whatever strikes your fancy. Donated by Heritage Hotels – $700 value
- A two-hour, 20-person, private wine class, provided by Total Wine, in any US store with a tasting room! Enjoy a tour of the land and learn about the famed appellations and grape varietals that make each region so unforgettable. Taste a variety of premium, hand-selected wines and discover hidden treasures from the wine region of your choice. Wine expert included. – $500 value
- A luxury overnight in the Penthouse at the exquisitely restored Hotel Andaluz, Albuquerque. Built by mogul Conrad Hilton of Hilton Hotels, the fourth boutique hotel in the U.S., where he stayed with his bride-to-be, Hollywood actress Zsa Zsa Gabor, before their 1942 Santa Fe wedding. Over the last 75 years, many famous stars — Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart — chose the hotel when staying in the Duke City. Package includes a night in the 10th floor Penthouse Suite, champagne, a $150 gift card for dinner, breakfast in bed, and a bit of old Hollywood glamour – $1100 value
There is no cost to participate. All auctioning will be done virtually, with winners being contacted about free delivery of their winning items.
To participate, just register by clicking REGISTER, for the link to the Virtual Gala and Live Auction packages. You can also start bidding or purchasing the Silent Auction items by clicking SILENT AUCTION, or by following the link on the nmvic.org/victory webpage.
Auctions sponsored by Albuquerque-based, Desert Wolf Security. Other sponsors include Steamatic of Albuquerque & Santa Fe, Rocky Mountain Stone Co, Inc , Excalibur Realty Investments, Inc and CPR2UNM, LLC.