Rapid Re-Housing
and Homeless Prevention

Funded by the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program, an initiative of the US Department of Veteran Affairs, the program promotes housing stability among very low-income Veteran families who reside in or are transitioning to permanent housing. The program provides rapid re-housing and homeless prevention services through evidence-based practices and case management strategies in order to achieve housing stability within 90 days. Case management services are designed to provide individualized, person-centered support services with the focus on the direct needs of each Veteran family and can last for up to 270 days, based on the unique situation and need of the Veteran.

Counties Served:

Bernalillo, Chaves, Eddy, Grant, Guadalupe, Hidalgo, Lincoln, Luna, Otero, Sandoval, Santa Fe, Sierra, Torrance, and Valencia

Referral Form:

If you're looking for assistance, fill out an SSVF Referral Form. You can email your completed form to: info@nmvic.org or fax to: 505-266-2609.



No, the SSVF Program is not permitted to use funds to help pay for gas. You can try contacting the Salvation Army or St. Vincent De Paul to see if they have any funding. Also, the police department may have funds or know of additional resources.
Category: SSVF

No, the SSVF program cannot help pay to get your vehicle fixed. You can try contacting the Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, or St. Vincent De Paul to see if they have any funding.

Category: SSVF

If you have a disconnect notice, the SSVF program can assist you since you must maintain utilities in order to remain stably housed with a legally executed lease in the state of New Mexico.

If you have a delinquent notice, try contacting the utility provider and see if they will work with you on a payment plan. You can also try contacting other service organizations such as St. Vincent De Paul, the American Legion, Catholic Charities, or the Salvation Army who may have funding to assist you.

Category: SSVF

Unfortunately the SSVF program cannot use funds from our grant to help you move. You can try contacting other service organizations such as the American Legion or Salvation Army to see if they can assist you.

Category: SSVF

Once you have been approved for enrollment, our process is fairly fast. We will make every effort to help contact your landlord, but do not guarantee anything since we are an outside provider. You can expedite the process by having all your documents ready once you call us (see website for normal documents needed).

Category: SSVF

Because each situation is unique, the amount and length of time you are provided assistance is dependent on the plan you and your case manager create to ensure your long-term housing stability and independence.

Category: SSVF

Yes, we can still help you find an apartment. We have a Housing Specialist that will assist you with this process and we have several property managers and landlords that we work with frequently and who are willing to work with you when it comes to poor rental history.

Category: SSVF

Unfortunately the SSVF program cannot pay for mortgage payments, but we are happy to evaluate your for other programs that the VIC has which may be able to assist you. Please call our Emergency Housing Program at (505) 296-0800, extension 108.

We also encourage you to contact your lender and communicate with them directly since many have special payment plans during these difficult times. You can also try contacting the New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority at (505) 843-6880, who have several housing programs and resources that might be able to assist you.

Category: SSVF

Unfortunately the SSVF program cannot use funds from our grant to help you with your move. Trying contacting the American Legion to see if they have any funding.

Category: SSVF

Emergency Housing: for Veterans literally homeless or couch surfing and who will be subsequently enrolled in our Transitional or Rapid Re-housing programs.

Transitional Housing: providing safe and supportive housing that includes life skills education, Relapse Prevention, Clinical Counseling, Employment Assistance, and other supportive services. Our program also accepts those who were previously incarcerated (depending on the charges), LGBTQ, Veterans in recovery from substance use, and those with some emotional or physical disabilities.

Rapid Re-Housing: for Veterans that are ready to move into their own apartment, and able to financially afford long-term independence within 9 months of enrollment.

We encourage family or community members to contact us about services rather than try to determine if a Veteran is eligible. You can call the numbers below to connect with a staff member who can answer questions you may have, or if you are a Veteran they can screen you for our services:

505-296-0800 or 505-265-0512

Or, click on VIC Programs to learn what services we offer and for additional information.

No. We work closely with the VA, but we are not affiliated with them. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.

Yes. Our staff will help you get a DD214 replaced, and can direct you on where to go for enrollment at the VA hospital, if you’re not currently enrolled. We may be able to help verify your Veteran status to establish eligibility. You won’t be turned away for services!

Depending on which program you are enrolled in, you may not need active duty time for services to be provided. We have multiple programs that have different service requirements. Speak with one of our Outreach Specialists to see if you qualify.

Emergency Housing may be an option if you are also trying to get out of homelessness AND willing to work on the struggles that led you to it. You will need to contact the Emergency Housing program at our Central Office, if you are literally homeless or couch surfing, to be screened. Please call (505) 296-0800 and ask for the Emergency Housing program.

The VIC will accept Veterans with all types of disabilities, as long as you can still care for yourself and perform all Activities of Daily Living (ADL) including bathing and grooming, dressing and undressing, meal preparation and feeding, transferring, safe restroom use and maintaining continence. The VIC does not provide any form of medication management or skilled nursing services.

Load More