Mental Health Counseling
The Veterans Integration Centers Mental Health Counseling office provides a welcoming environment and quality services designed to meet the needs of the military community. VIC staff are trained and experienced in providing sensitive, compassionate, and respectful services to Veterans and their families who have a variety of mental health concerns.
Our counseling program serves individuals with mental health, substance use, and co-occurring disorders. The program empowers individuals to build skills needed to begin the recovery process. Evidence-based practices are emphasized, and we do not issue or manage medications. Our services are recovery focused and based on person-centered planning and client-directed outcomes.
Effective treatment is a team-orientated process. You will always have a choice about the services you receive, a voice in the manner in which you receive services, and ownership of the decisions that affect your lives.
Designed For You To Overcome Challenges
We focus on…
- Improving communication, interpersonal skills such as anger management and assertiveness training
- Teaching effective strategies to reduce and manage stress and anxiety
- Assist you in managing symptoms related to depression, anxiety or other serious mental health problems
You can expect the highest quality of care, utilizing best practice treatment approaches including:
- Thorough evaluation by a Licensed Masters Social Worker on staff
- Coordinated service delivery with other community resources
- Treatment planning that’s easy to understand, focused on helping you become more independent and reducing or eliminating the symptoms causing you distress
- Follow-up planning that will give you the greatest chance of success and independence
Knowledgeable and Caring
- Are trained to understand and treat emotional, mental health and stress related disorders
- Have specialized education in reducing compulsive behaviors such as gambling, inappropriate sexual behavior and other risk-taking behavior that can negatively affect your life
- Are trained to work effectively with you and your family if they need it
Specific Services Provided
- Individual, group, and family member counseling
- Individual Counseling to address conflict and communication problems
- Parenting and anger management skills training
- Various group therapy sessions, including Healthy Relationships and Recidivism Reduction
- Peer Support services to help you when those challenging times present themselves
Our Services are always FREE
If you're looking for Mental Health, counseling or group support services, send us a message using the form below and we’ll respond as soon as possible.
Questions regarding the Mental Health Counseling program or to check on the status of a referral, please call 505-265-0512.